Monday, October 20, 2014

Speeding? Stitch? Are You Sure?

I received a summons from the traffic police today saying that I was speeding on the morning of 15th Oct on Upper Change Road East just in front of the Expo. They referred to a lamppost 44 which is just under the overhead bridge. Now the silly thing is that the overhead bridge is just a short distance from the junction. And the light is always red when you turn to the junction from Simei Street.

Google Maps 2014
So it's really hard to believe that I can accelerate with Stitch to go from 0 to 81 kmph in a short 200m (see red line in pic and gauge with the bottom legend). Not sure what the traffic police was smoking that morning but clearly something was faulty with the equipment. I have to drive on the centre lanes these days on the expressway because Stitch no longer has the horsepower to overtake cars on the right ... and to say I was speeding is just plain dumb.

But what can I do? Nothing, this is Singapore. So I'll just have to suck it up and pay the $150 fine and take the 6 Demerit points. Bah ...

No comments:

Post a Comment