This is the last of the sessions with Fonnie. I've become accustomed to attending the training on Saturdays.
We watched a video on baby bathing. The baby boy was shivering constantly. I thought it was cruel of the presenter to let the baby shake in cold until Fonnie explained later during the course that babies are going to shiver as their nerve systems have not fully develop in the first few months.
Fonnie recommends that we talk to baby often, letting her know what is going on, where she is and sing to her. It seems babies are cognitive of their surroundings and need to be assured so they feel safe and secure. I've made a point to chat with Emily nightly. I hope this will help with our bonding since I don't have the luxury of being as close to as Meimei.
I thought today's session was a little rushed. We had a bit of hands-on practice on folding a nappy and a swaddle. I wished we had more time to repeat the exercise so I can remember it clearly. I wonder if I can recall the folding steps in another 3-4 months when baby comes. Well I supposed I'll just have to rely on instinct to get it right then.
I thought today's session was a little rushed. We had a bit of hands-on practice on folding a nappy and a swaddle. I wished we had more time to repeat the exercise so I can remember it clearly. I wonder if I can recall the folding steps in another 3-4 months when baby comes. Well I supposed I'll just have to rely on instinct to get it right then.
No comments:
Post a Comment