Today is the last baby care lesson. This session is more of a marketing campaign rather than a true lesson. We were at a different venue, Singapore Chinese Girls School Khoo Auditorium and it was conducted for everyone from the various classes. I estimated there were about a hundred odd couples who came to attend the doctor's talk.
The doctor talk centred around post birth baby care and facilities, post-natal TCM care for mothers and shared several other Thomson post-natal care programs. The lobby area had several booths paddling baby products and sign-ups for stem-cell preservation etc.
Well I didn't write this post to talk about the lecture, it was boring at best. The interesting and somewhat laughable part were the participants. Specifically those that took up seats at the edge of the rows of seats, pictured below circled in dotted line oval.
Every had to enter the auditorium to the right of the stage. When we got there, the front half of the seats were pretty full. So we filtered along with the rest up the auditorium steps, marked in red arrows, and try to move into the empty seats. Meimei and I didn't like to trouble the folks already on their seats at the edge so we moved to the centre pathway and made our way to the seats in the centre part (marked in yellow).
As we settled down, we started looking around and watching the people on the left edge get up and down to let other parents in. As more people move in, the heavily pregnant mothers had to get up multiple times to let others in and out. You can see the pent-up irritation and discomfort on their faces. At that moment I couldn't help but let out a sheepish grin and shake of disapproval at them. This is a classic example self inflicted inconvenience. They know they are being inconsiderate by sitting at the sides and compounding their misery, yet they just can't bring themselves to move in.
Why can't you move to the centre so others can get in? How is it better to sit at the side and having to get up consistently throughout the lecture? I mean this is an entire audience of pregnant mothers with constricted bladders that have to go to the ladies every so often. So I can't help but laugh at their awkwardness. Muhahahhaha.
Oh well, I suppose Asians in general still have a long way to go to being more socially conscious and considerate.

No comments:
Post a Comment