Baby's EDD was yesterday 8th of March. She's late ... must be too comfortable in Meimei's womb. Meimei has been taking immaculate care of her tummy and diet so baby gets the best.
We were at Doc today and the scan showed only little pockets of fluid left in the womb. Doc gave us an ultimatum, the baby must come out before the end of the week. Any longer and baby may poop in the womb and intake her own feces which will land her in ICU. So we were given 2 options, either we induce and try natural birth or schedule a caesarean in the next few days.
Dr Loh is never one to directly instruct us to do something. He is usually happy going and reserved in his advice. But I can sense he is veering towards a caesarean ... I think it is because baby's head is still not down far enough to be engaged. We tried to ask for a more definite answer but the only comment he gave was that the worst case would be an emergency caesarean as it would cost a lot more. We would have the best chances to hit below $10k cost for the delivery if the inducement worked or we go for scheduled caesarean.
It was a tough news to take. We were practically so stunned about the news to make a decision. All I could muster was to ask Doc for time to think it through. A caesarean is very bad for Meimei's recovery so it was call that Meimei should make on her own. But she is confused as Dr Loh mentioned that caesarean was better for the baby, natural birth better for the mother. As a mother she wants what's best for Emily.
We had already been at the hospital for a CTG last Friday because baby didn't move much. It's really stressful for Meimei each day as we are fearful that baby may be in danger if she doesn't move. If we are to induce, I would like it to start tonight ... no sense in waiting anyways. I didn't say it outright to Meimei but I prefer that we induce, even if the chances to have natural birth is small.
No comments:
Post a Comment