Saturday, March 21, 2015

Shielding Another

I saw a very heart warming scene this morning. A little boy about maybe 2 year old was crying to buy a toy and refusing to continue walking. The grandpa got angry and was ready to beat him. Suddenly I see his sister, maybe only a year or two older than her younger brother, running forward infront of her sibling and extending out her hand to shield him.

Then the dad came in a fury and began scolding the boy. The sister grabbed her baby brother's hand and pulled him along, all the while coaxing him to move in a loving way. The scene brought a warm to my heart. I hope our Emily can be as loving and caring when she gets older, more so if we can give her a brother or sister.

It got me thinking how parents can cultivate this in their little ones. The family doesn't seem the highly educated sort. Just your normal average income family, yet their elder daughter has qualities everyone hopes for in their own children. I suppose a lot of it comes naturally ... It is ingrained in their DNA at birth. We can only hope. And hope i will, that Emily becomes a sensible, loving and selfless person like the little girl I just met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment