Monday, April 20, 2015

Going Into A Routine

They say everything goes into a mess once the baby comes. Funny ... I kinda think things are more in routine.

Yes there are changes around the house. A crib now fills the spot at the centre of the living room. The baby sleeps there during the day when Meimei and maid can keep a watchful eye on her while they go about their day. We have to talk in softer voices whenever she is asleep. We can't go out on a wimp or enjoy a lazy afternoon anymore. Now everything is on baby time.

And thats where the routine comes in, for me at least. I wake up every morning and go check on Emily before I go off to work. Lunch I will come home and carry her awhile to get her fragrant smell on my shirt :) Then its home again in about 4-5 hours. We go for a walk if she is in a good mood, else we play with her till dinner is ready at 8pm. She changes at the same time and the maid tries to pat her to sleep.

Rinse and repeat the same for the past one and half month and its pretty much a set routine for everyone in the family. I read that routine is good for babies. So I suppose we'll try to stick to it. There are times though I wish I can steal Meimei away for a quiet night out for dinner. But it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon. She's getting pretty attached to Emily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment