Its been a long while since I've enjoyed a dinner with folks at work. This group are nice cordial plant types, not the corporate crafty sort. So I was excited to join them for Christmas dinner and celebrate the year.
My manager managed to get a pretty big budget (@$150/pax) for our get-together so we had a healthy choice of up market restaurants to choose from. Eventually the vote went to Otto Ristorante, an italian outfit along Maxwell Road.
My manager managed to get a pretty big budget (@$150/pax) for our get-together so we had a healthy choice of up market restaurants to choose from. Eventually the vote went to Otto Ristorante, an italian outfit along Maxwell Road.
We met up for pre-dinner drinks and finger food at a bar nearby so we arrived for dinner in good spirits ... And already half filled stomaches! So even though they were serving the 5 course Christmas set dinner, we opt for ala carte instead.
We had 3 sets of 3 anti-pasti to start, together with the fragant bread. And with white wine for drinks I was afraid everyone might already be done before the main course.
Thankfully all the chatter and nicely paced serving help the starters to settle before the mains arrive. I ordered the Atlantic Tagliata and a colleague was kind to trade his suckling pig.
I didn't get pictures of all the main courses, I recall someone ordered the Linguine with Boston Lobster and another had the Beef Tenderloin with bone marrow sauce. But that's ok ... it wouldn't be nice to go all the way across the table just to get a picture hehe.
I ordered the Creme Brulee to test it out for Meimei. I'll go for the warm chocolate cake ... it was heavenly heheh ... I know cos two colleagues gave me half each of their cake. So I actually had 2 servings of desserts!
![]() |
| Ripe Italian tomato, Burratina cheese and Pio Tosini Parma ham |
![]() |
| Dill marinated amberjack with orange jelly and crunchy fennel salad |
![]() |
| Crispy assorted mushrooms and goat cheese parcel with potato veloute |
Thankfully all the chatter and nicely paced serving help the starters to settle before the mains arrive. I ordered the Atlantic Tagliata and a colleague was kind to trade his suckling pig.
![]() |
| Atlantic cod Tagliata with black taggia olives crust and sweet garlic sauce |
![]() |
| Crispy “suckling pig” lacquered with acacia honey and balsamic vinegar |
![]() |
| Seared Tuna on beetroot carpaccio with stracciatella cheese |
![]() |
| Grilled lamb rack cutlet with comfit shallots and purple potato mash |
I didn't get pictures of all the main courses, I recall someone ordered the Linguine with Boston Lobster and another had the Beef Tenderloin with bone marrow sauce. But that's ok ... it wouldn't be nice to go all the way across the table just to get a picture hehe.
![]() |
| Bergamot crème brulee with vincotto marinated raspberry |
![]() |
| Warm chocolate cake with Haitian vanilla ice cream |
![]() |
| Apple and pine nut crumble with chocolate ice cream and cinnamon sauce |
The place is on the pricey end but not anymore far off than other reputable Italian restaurants. I'm definitely bringing Meimei here for a nice candlelight dinner soon.










No comments:
Post a Comment