I've just experienced a tyre puncture recently in December and never expected one to happen so soon. Especially not when we were on the expressway with Meimei and OO.
It came out of the blue, we were on our way home from the zoo. I had taken the SLE and turned into CTE when we started hearing a loud rattling sound on the left front tyre. I stopped to check at the filter lane to PIE but couldn't find the puncture.
I thought it was going to be the same as the last one where it punctured the tyre but the pressure was held in by the screw. I told Meimei that it's just the sound and we can make our way home. I'll go down to the workshop again the next day to get it fixed.
Atlas ... we travelled for another couple of kilometres when there was a sudden bang ... like metal hitting against the under-carriage of the car. The rattling sound was gone but my steering started feeling heavy and the vehicle was veering left.
I quickly turn on the hazard and got off the bridge at Paya Lebar and entered the safety area on the left. It was a total flat ... there was no way we could continue with this tyre. We were out on the expressway and had to call the EMAS to rescue us.
As it turned out, the EMAS crew were very nice chaps. The driver saw that we had a baby and offered to help us change the tyre (yes, I don't know how to ...) when we were tolled to a nearby carpark. Phew ... it was very kind of the driver to help us. I wouldn't know what to do otherwise.

No comments:
Post a Comment