There is very little I remember of my youth. It is one of the biggest regret of my life ... to not have kept a diary of sorts. My mama always tried to encourage us to write but we never took to it. So I treasure very much the little bits of memories I still keep. Most of it are just tiny 1-3 seconds flashes of memories.
One vivid scene from my early days was of this scene where I was watching Mickey Mouse on TV while munching on fries with ketchup. Mama had placed the plates on the coffee table so bro and I just stood there gobbling down the snack with our eyes were glued to the TV. Mama was never good at frying stuff though, she think frying is oily. So she tries to 'control' the oil by not having the fries fry for too long in the wok. Atlas ... this actually made it worse. The final product is this semi-fried version, more like baked fries, which was coated in thick cooking oil. Very greasy, very unhealthy ... the perfect food for a 4-5 year old.
I think I recall this scene as I felt an immense sense of satisfaction having a snack with TV. You always remember the happiest, saddest or most embarrassing things.
No comments:
Post a Comment