Monday, August 6, 2018

BedTime Stories

Over the past month, I've been reading bedtime stories to OO in an effort to wean her off video. She really likes the Timmy & Tammy series of books we received as a gift for a SG50 baby. She likes it so much I would be reading the same few every night and she wouldn't be the least bit bored. She would go to the end page and point out the ones she already has and tells me to buy others "next time". Hehehe.

And better yet, she seems to start to mimic the reading off memory. This is an important milestone to cultivate and make sure she takes strong interest in reading. So to help her build her interest, we've decided to purchase the full suite of Timmy & Tammy books from level 1s to 3s. That's a good $230 investment.


It just arrived today during lunch. I quickly laid them out to take a picture before hiding them in the study. We'll slowly ration them and give her a new book every week or so, as long as she is behaving. I can't wait to see the excitement in her eyes when she sees new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment