Over the past week I've been playing a new game, Calibria: Crystal Guardians, which is an almost exact copy of Summoners War in terms of game mechanics, activities, arena etc.
A few of the popular SW youtubers were picking up this title and introducing it to the community. I think the familiarity helps with the attraction of the game too. The problem with SW is that you are so far behind of people who have been playing since 2014-15 that no matter what you do, outside of spending tens of thousands, you are never going to be able to compete. The idea of being able to start on the 'same level playing field' is appealing for many folks. Of course there are going to be spenders or whales as they call it in the gaming world, who are going to be far ahead right from the get-go by spending a bunch. But that's a different world altogether.
On the gameplay, I'm having a blast starting new. It's that same feeling of excitement and discovery I had back when I start Summoners War in 2014. With everyone new to the game, there is no prescribed best way or best unit to follow. The fun of the unknown and knowledge that everyone else is probably in the same mode as you is truly appealing.
I had re-rolled a couple of times to get good starter units. Nat 5s are so much easier to get in this game. I can see myself spending more time on this game and potentially making it my main game. I'm already neglecting Summoners War, its no longer fun and more of a chore. This however is giving me the thrills of beating stages, overcoming obstacles, formulating strategies etc. I'm sure I'll be blogging more on this game in the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment