I couldn't walk straight this morning when I step out of the house to bring 萱萱 to school. I could tell something was seriously wrong. My ear has been blocked since yesterday. It has happen occasionally over the last half year and usually clears within the day or two. But this morning it's very bad with ringing in the ears and causing me to lose balance in my steps. I somehow managed to pull through and even drove the car ... on hindsight I should have not ... but well I got 萱萱 to school and came back. All the while I was getting worst and feeling stronger bouts of nausea.
I told Meimei I need to go see the doctor. However our family doctor will not be open till tomorrow so Meimei suggested I go see the polyclinic instead. And specifically the Eunos one since there is always a long way at the Heartbeat polyclinic. Again I braved the trip and drove there myself after I pop a pill for giddiness that Meimei gave me.
Meimei was spot on and it didn't take long before I was able to see a doctor. The doctor went through the usual Q&A and I tried my best to share my symptoms. He used a metal fork to test whether I could feel vibrations and sound. At the end of it he offered that I may have Meniere's Disease .. huh what? I'll need to google that. He also wrote a referral to SGD ENT department. Hopefully I can get help soon.
I spent the rest of the day sleeping on the sofa to doze away the nausea. The ringing in the ears never stops so sleep is the only respite. Gosh ... what is happening? Am I really that old that weird ailments start to surface?
No comments:
Post a Comment