Sunday, July 31, 2022

Flying For A Workout Again

Every iteration of the SAP project always starts off with a workout at Cincinnati OH. This time it is a 3 weeks workout with the main group coming in for week 2-3. There was a verbal ask for me to travel a week earlier than the main group but the official word never came when everyone was making the booking. I held on a few days as advised but eventually made a booking for the same 2 weeks. Because I was late I could not get tickets to fly in on the weekends so I was scheduled to land on Monday afternoon. It was only till Wednesday before the 1st week that I was told to make it for the first week. It was a rush to make the travel changes and I had not started packing!

So I got on flight on Saturday night on Korean Air. Transited through Incheon and Boston before landing at Cincinnati at 4pm Sunday. It was a gruelling 28 hours journey. The thing that was noticeable when I reach Cincinnati was that no one was wearing a mask. I decided to take mine off too so that I don't stand out. It doesn't help that I'm yellow skin and it would draw more attention if I had a mask on.





As usual I booked a vehicle for commute and the first thing stop after dropping the luggage off at the hotel was the Walmart at WEST CHESTER. The obligatory water, and wine and beer to get through the jet lag on sleepless nights.


Dinner was at the usual Applebee's across the road. However it felt funny this time when I walked in. I get a sense that I'm not welcomed at the place ... as though I had stumbled unknowingly into the wrong place.  It's been 2 years since the pandemic started and I supposed they are not used to seeing foreigners coming into the place. I quickly had my dinner and left. I'm travelling alone so I pays to be more sensible and careful. I need to find another place to eat or just simply pack and eat in my room.


No comments:

Post a Comment