Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Algebra At Primary One?

Our days in isolation is simple. We wake up, wash up and have breakfast. I'll log on for work and 萱萱 will start on her homework revision books before she can get video. She's now able to do most of the exercises on her own so I leave her be. But sometimes there are sections she cannot understand, especially with the math exercises so I'll try to help her with them.

萱萱 struggles with the multiplication questions. That's to be expected I guess? I remember we were only taught multiplication at Primary 4. These days the children start at Primary 1. Ok ... so times have changed. But what shocked me was a question which seemingly requires algebra to solve. Huh?! Algeria at 7 years old?? I really wonder if any kids beside the super smart ones can understand these.

I struggled to explain to 萱萱 and thankfully she was nice and patient ... you can see on her face she is trying to gasp the concept but somehow she just gets lost. I sympathise with her confusion and didn't really push much on it. I just hope this doesn't put her off maths, which is so so important.


No comments:

Post a Comment