Saturday, June 8, 2024

Making My Way To McAllen Texas

I had to take United this trip as United is the major regional carrier in Texas. So it was a gruelling 16 hour flight to San Francisco and then 4 hours to Houston George Bush International before another hour half flight to McAllen airport. Throw in 5 hours of layover and it sums up to a 26 hour journey.

I skipped most of the meals on the first leg ... I don't want to have to go potty on the plane. It was 10pm when I cleared customs at San Francisco so every restaurant was closed. I bought a cold sandwich from a convenience store to get something in the tummy. My first real meal was when I reach Houston. It was like 6am so many restaurants were still close and I had to settle for breakfast from a fast-food joint.

It wasn't all that bad, surely better than anything they served on United economy. I was just happy to get a hot drink and able to stretch out my legs before the next flight. The next one was on a small small plane. They didn't have any space for carry-on so I had to dock my luggage at the door.


Because it was a short flight it didn't ascend into the higher attitudes and I was able to catch sights of the landscape.

I finally landed at McAllen close to noon. The airport was a single storey small airport. I quickly got my carry-on luggage at the plane exit and went hunting for the Hertz counter.

The ride for this 2 weeks is a Chevy Malibu. Reasonable since I'm just driving within like 3km around the area. Onward to the hotel!


No comments:

Post a Comment