Friday, March 21, 2025

Mastercard Must Have Some Data Leak

My turn to get the same fraudulent charge on my Mastercard. The fraudsters must be going through their whole long list of Mastercards to buy things off Amazon US.


The difference this time is that I received a call from OCBC about 5 minutes after this charge pop up on my phone. The customer service immediately cancelled my card. They must have been receiving a constant stream of people calling to dispute these charges that the moment more of such charges at USD499 are placed on Mastercards, they immediately call to notify the card holders.

Again I have to wait till the charges are billed before I can dispute them. I do think Mastercard must have had some data leak that they are not sharing. How is it that we can be receiving these charges like that? I've not used my Mastercard ever and I don't have any Amazon accounts nor buy anything really online. So my bet is that someone got hold of a list of cards with their security codes. Oh well, this goes to show it's important to check the credit card bills. Never know if something fraudulent pops up on your card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment