Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Smooth . . .

I was getting a drink during the break from classes on Sunday and decided to check out Mc Cafe. Everytime I would just go straight for the reliable Latte. However I wanted something cold this time as there wasn't any aircon in the classroom. So I ordered their Mango Smoothie.

I was expecting a mango flavoured soft drink, so it caught me by surprised when I took my first sip. The first thought that came to me was "Hey, isn't this the same texture as the old Mac Donald's milkshake back in the early nighties?"

For those that were not fortunate enough to try the milkshake back in the 90s before they took it off the menu, milkshake back then tasted so much better than it is now. Now, it's like drinking cream. Soft and smooth but its texture is like melted icecream, Yuck . . . Milkshake of the 90s were a little different. It was icy-er, where you can feel and bite tiny minute bits of ice with every sip, and it was not as sweet as it is now. Seriously, you have never tasted a good milkshake till you tried the one they sold back then. Period.

So it seemed they haven't forgotten how to make the icy-er milkshake. Hmmm, oh well I'll just have it now in mango flavour then. I'm already delighted that I could get a drink with the 90s milkshake feeling so I'm not complaining.

For any Mac Donalds staff that happens to read this : Bring back the 90s Milkshake! The milkshake that you sell now just doesn't cut it! Plain and simple. Too sweet, too soft, too much like whipped cream, basically . . . yucky! You haven't lost the 'touch' to make it. So just bring it back, I'll be glad to pay a dollar more just to get my 90s Milkshake again. *wink wink

No comments:

Post a Comment