Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Istana

My first ever walk into the Istana. I'm nearing the big 30 and never once did I ever thought of going into the Istana, home of our President. I must have passed it a million times but the curious part of me to explore never appeared. For those who would like to find out more about the Istana (in the comforts of home), you can go to www.Istana.gov.sg/.

So today Istana was having an open house and Meimei decided to go check it out as well. She has never been there too, though not as surprising as me, considering she wasn't born a Singaporean. She is one now though so it's free entry for her hehe. So anyways we loitered in Plaza Singapura till about 3.30pm before we finally went in.

" I really don't know how I let you talk me into this . . . " " Is there anywhere we can get water here? " " My whole back is wet and so are my armpits . . . "(Spoken) Arhmm, ok a better word would be complain. " My legs are breaking! " " Oh my eyes! my eyes! I'm going blind from the scorching sun!" (Thought) Hmm the thought part was exaggerated hehe. I still love you dear!

So we braved the hot sun, the crowds, the long winding slope, the agony and climbed our way to the Istana Main Building. It was well worth it . . . we saw our President live! Straight in the flesh! Meimei was so excited and we managed to get a picture of him! He was on his Meet-the-People sessions hehe. It's not everyday that you get to meet them in person you know. So yeah it was well worth it. We even toured the ground floor and viewed priceless artifacts from other countries. If only the guard at the stairs would look away, I would have sneak up for a private viewing heheheh.

All in all it was a pretty good day, topped off with a magnificient dinner at the Korea foodcourt stall at the Le Meridien Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment