Friday, August 22, 2008

This is a Police Vehicle . . .

I just chanced on something very peculiar on our roads. "This is a police vehicle. Please stay clear. Thank you." reads the electronic scrolling signboard on the back windscreen of a normal SUV with normal car licence plate. Wait a second. What is this? A police car? Nope, no siren on it's top. Special car plates? Nope, normal car plates. Uniformed police? Nope, a lady in the mid-forties in the driver seat.

I've seen this twice now on PIE while on my way home at night. I seriously wonder if that is truly a police vehicle . . . Seriously, are we allowed to do that if it wasn't a police car? Searches on the web came up with nothing. So I'm still bewildered by it and yet curious at the same time. If any police officer is reading this, could you kindly enlightened me? I'll have to do a more thorough search. It's itching me, because it looks like someone is masquerading as a police car . . . I'll hold that thought till told otherwise. Next time I see it, I'll make sure to get the exact licence plate number.

No comments:

Post a Comment