Monday, July 28, 2008

Bug Attack!

It gave me a fright. I was taking my first step into my room to turn on the lights. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my foot and immediately jerked upwards. On came the lights and there it was, a huge beetle about 8 cm long scurring away. The pic on the right isn't doing it justice. It looks so small in a big size NTUC plastic bag.

As I hopped on one leg, I shouted and shouted for help. But no one heard me. So I screamed at the top of my voice for my dad, who then came running up the stairs with a lizard swat. It was hiding in a corner when we found it. My dad proceeded to whack the nuts out of it. Amazingly after about ten whacks ... it was still alive and cricketing away. Eventually we had to use a wooden pole to it. And it took 2 hits before it finally died.


I hope the sting wasn't poisonous . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment