Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fire Fire Wheels on Fire!

We live in a fire trap. The place is an enclave with 2 single lane exits to the main roads (see the red circles). Every morning is a jam at the small roads as everyone try to get to the main roads. Add on a school nearby and it gets worst as parents stop their car at the single lane roads and drop their kids off. 

I was joking with Meimei that if there was ever a calamity, we would be better off going on foot and run. If we drove, I doubt we would even get out of the carpark, much less reach the small road to get to the main road.

As bad as the traffic is in the morning, this is still a very convenient place to live. We are very close to major expressways. There are a lot of buses on our main road and the bus stop is just a 3 minute walk from home. It is one of the main criteria Meimei gave our agent when we were looking at a place, it had to be close to transport so we can move easily around without a car. It's such a smart move seeing how the COE has risen 10+ fold since we bought our car. I'm crossing my fingers we will be able to afford another one when ours expire, I'll gladly brave the fires for comfort *grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment