Since days gone, I've always liked project work. I don't really take to the 9 to 6, repetitive jobs. I just don't find that you'll learn much. I've always wanted to focus on participating in finance projects either as a member or lead or project manager. It's on my mind but I never really go straight for it. I've been in several roles which had outsourcing projects as major to-do tasks but never one dedicated solely to project work. The last and current job always had the daily operational stuff added in as well.
So recently I decided that I'll really go into this once and for all. I've just signed up for a 5 day PRINCE2 certification course in Aug13 and just signed up as a member of PMI today. I'm intending to apply for CAPM once I've gone through the course. So yeah, this represents the start of my project work life. Hopefully I can find a role on pure project work. Well at least I'm trying to shore up on my educational qualifications on PM. And maybe once I've completed my MBA in the future, hiring managers would give me a chance at it. So I'll just cross my fingers and pray :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment