Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Am A Couch Potato

I like lazing in front of the TV. It brings me into another world full of charm, laughter, suspense and intrigue. I would have preferred to sit around the dining table to chat but conversations are not my strength. I tend to listen, and mostly to interesting topics or I fade away. Hence my affinity to the TV where you are bombarded with sights and colours you would never see in the little dot Singapore.

Thanks to the internet subscription package we receive a basic selection of cable channels 'free' and that expanded the entertaining programmes. You can never catch every show you want to watch. There isn't enough time!

I also like to watch movies at home. Until recently I would only buy the ones on sale but as I did some quick calculations the normal priced ones are also affordable. I mean going to the movie theatre would set us back by at least $10 a ticket, add on parking, popcorn, drinks etc and it is more expensive. Plus the stress of getting a good seat, getting there on time, the wait for the show to start, the inflexible show hours and only getting to watch it once, no replay- ability. Watching in the comforts of home wins every factor of consideration. So I have started to purchase latest DVD on release.

And to track the ever-expanding DVD collection, I've setup a new page to outline the title I already own, and add in a touch of pointless feedback to each.

So with TV and DVDs I never have to leave home for entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment