Friday, February 6, 2015

Butter Fingers

We had bought new iPhones recently. Meimei is now using the iPhone 6. I traded in my Wifi-incapable iPhone 5 for a iPhone 6 Plus. We were glad to be rid of it. Now to see if we can trade off our iPhone 4. Apple is no longer providing support for the 4 and it can only be updated to iOS 7. Soon it won't be able to update or install any new apps. We'll see how that goes.

So anyways I've been using the 6plus for less than a month when it decided to make a suicidal dive this morning. I was putting down the backpack on the backseat of the car while juggling the water bottle and phone. Out of the blue the phone took a zero pointer olympic dive off my butter fingers. While diving,  it brushed off its flip cover and hit the stepping bar on the car before landing face down on the ground.

My heart sank the moment it dropped. Like when you see a diving champ dismount from a platform but accidentally hitting his head on the edge of the platform and then landing flat into the water ... You let out a grimace as you watch it happen. So thats pretty much what happened with my phone. We had plastered a tempered glass on the phone but there is a 3mm curve edge which the glass couldn't cover. And freakishly that part hit the car.


So instead of the tempered glass cracking on the impact the phone glass did instead. Argghhhh! My heart was filled with anguish and despair at the sight of the cracked screen. It quickly turned into anger and self resentment as I cursed my own clumsiness. This is a new phone!! How can I be so careless??!! Damn it! And why did the flip turn out?! ...

Thankfully Meimei was cool and calm about it while I complained incessantly over the phone about my own stupidity. She pointed that we had bought the phone replacement insurance just for such an unfortunate incident. It's cold comfort though as it still cost $160 to replace ... and more than likely it's a refurbished set rather than a newly minted one.

Well lesson learned. No more flip covers for Mr Jelly Hands. Meimei suggest I get a Ottoman but the 6plus is already big ... I rather it doesn't become a iPad Mini wanna-be. Sigh ... Stupid stupid stupid (bangs head on wall).

No comments:

Post a Comment