Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Rocka-by Baby

I never thought they would keep it for all these years. They had my baby crib stashed deep in the old cupboard and finally whipped it out 30 odd years later for our baby. The paint job needs a little retouch but other than that it's working perfectly. You can even release a catch at the side so the bed can sway like a swing.


This is a relic you might now only find in retro furniture stores. No one makes it this way anymore. I'm sure it will fetch a good price in the 2nd hand antique market. But well there's no way I'm selling it ... imagine keeping this another 30 years for our children's babies. Now that would be something to behold.

Dad fondly recalls Mama sitting beside the crib and rocking me to sleep when I was a baby. Emily will get to use it when she comes over to Hillview to see Grandpa and Grandma. Now we just need to find a bed that fits the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment