I discover today that the loss of my SSO was due to a change in the contractor management system. That and my sponsor not reading the email notice on my expiring SSO.
Under the old system, contractors will also receive notifications when their SSO are expiring. I used to get them 30 days before the deadline and then at 14 and 7 days if my sponsor did not act on it. The first thing I usually do when I get it was to chase after my sponsor to renew my SSO immediately for another 6 months.
This time though I didn’t get any emails since this is the new system. Bah ... it seems like a norm for this company to migrate to new systems and lose key functionalities. Why can’t they manage this better? Do they not have expertise to manage such project implementations? It says alot about how they manage projects ... I would think their customers might be suffering from the same failings too.
So anyways it looks like my SSO is gone forever. My manager has kick-started the process to get me a new SSO. Sigh .... is this the end of the road for this place?
No comments:
Post a Comment