I would say this is the only saving grace of the trip. An opportunity to go shopping at an outlet mall for baby clothes. Before traveling Meimei already did her homework and found the nearest outlet mall to my hotel. She also shortlisted a long long list of baby clothes to buy and even had a cart on Carter's webby just so I have a picture to reference.
My entire day was spent hunting for baby clothes at Carter's, Gymboree and OshKosh. I had bought a Samsonite luggage as a first stop and dragged it to Carter's for the rest of the morning. It was full when I walked out of the store with a USD300+ bill.
Lunch was simple pizza at the food court. I was happy for the break and wasn't too eager to get back at it. I had achieved most of my targets and didn't really fancy any more hectic shopping. The morning at Carter's was draining as I had to run down the list and match the clothes to the pictures.
My colleagues however were still raring to go. They were still discussing on their after-lunch shopping route and trading good deals. I played tag-along for the afternoon and it wasn't all a waste. I managed to buy two Polo Ralphs tees each for Meimei and myself, and a pair of Clarks walking shoes.
Dinner was at an AppleBees opposite the hotel and we retired early after a hard day of shopping. It wasn't the end of it for me though. I laid down everything I bought today for a showcase display before going to bed, just so Meimei could have a quick look to see if anything was missed. This has to be the most shopping I've done in years! And I'm quite proud to say I did it!



No comments:
Post a Comment