Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Plugging A Leak

The HDB Home Improvement Program team came recently to test our bathroom for leaks. The master toilet passed but somehow our common toilet failed. On the day it failed I immediately contacted Norman to see how we can get rectification works done. 

I was 'referred' to the after-sales service team and was told the warranty was only 18 months and we have just passed it by a month. What bull ... I insisted he check with Norman on this since we made it crystal clear to Norman that we were going to go through HIP and the wet works definitely needs to pass the tests.

The guy called me back the next day after clarifying with Norman and apologise for making a mistake. It seems we are covered for longer period on the wet works. Phew.


The after-sales guys came and discovered the problem. There is a big hole behind the main pipe and thats how the water was getting drained to the toilet a floor below. Sign ...


They patched it up with cement and an injection of chemical sealant. Let's hope this does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment