I was at the basketball court with OO yesterday evening to try out her new bicycle when a policeman, in shorts (who says they only wear that in the 60s) approach us. I didn't know what he was up to till I saw the U-lock he was carrying a. I vaguely heard from somewhere that the police were giving out such locks last year.
He asked if OO was my kid and offered us the U-lock. I started chatting with him about the rate of bicycle thefts and he advised that it's pretty high for our area. I told him I was thinking of getting a bike myself soon and wondered if he could give me another U-lock. He didn't have another but promised to come again tomorrow with one.
And true enough, when I came home today it was there on the table. Mama said a policeman had came earlier to our unit to hand it to us. Thanks Mr Policeman! And kudos to the police for this initiative. Now I just need to get the bike to put this into good use hahaha.

No comments:
Post a Comment