Thursday, March 8, 2018

Freezer Trouble

I came home this week to the freezer failing. Mama, Meimei and the maid all lay the blame on the confinement lady for opening the freezer door too long. We had bought the Hitachi freezer about a year and half ago so I was surprised it became faulty so soon. They really don't make it like they used to.


So I called for the Hitachi technician to come. Parts are under warranty but we have to pay $90 for the labour. The technician opened the back panel of the freezer compartment and the problem area was immediately obvious. Ice had formed at one of the intake fan valve. After querying the tech, it seems there was no way it could have formed in the short span that the confinement lady was here. This, he mentioned, had to be from months of thawing and freezing. So all the times when we accidentally fail to close the freezer doors completely had contributed to the build up of ice. I suspect the confinement lady just 'tip it over' with her incessant opening of the fridge doors to check out what we had in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment