I was driving OO to a playground she saw along the PIE on our way home from Hillview when she suddenly said "Papa, I don't want you to grow old". I didn't know how to respond to that.
I was keeping my attention on the road while starting to tear as I think about it. "Yes, Papa don't want to grow old too, I would like to be with you always" I thought. But that wasn't the right answer so I bravely told OO "Everyone grows old OO, it's more important how we spend the time with each other."
Thankfully, she didn't continue to say it. I was close to tears already thinking about it. It wasn't the first time she said it. The first was when I told her I didn't have the strength to carry her because I'm getting old. But this time it was different. She said it because I was her 'Best Friend' who could bring her to playgrounds and have fun together. And she didn't want that to stop ... and neither did I.
And yes, this gives me the drive to spend more time with Meimei, OO and YY. These are valuable years when we are still the center of their world. Enjoy it as much as we can before life takes over I say.
No comments:
Post a Comment