Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Sheltered Playgrounds

OO behaved well yesterday morning so I rewarded her with a trip to the playground. We initially started at the 3 slides playground but it had rained earlier in the wee hours and she couldn't play on the slides. The only ones she could play were the climbing obstacles. She's fearless even on the tough ones.


She seemed disappointed after awhile as there were limited fixtures to play so I decided that we should go explore and see if we can find new playgrounds. We had previously driven past the area and saw playgrounds that were sheltered.

The first one we found was just off the road and was similarly wet due to the rain. We stopped for probably 5 minutes before moving to another. I rode further into the neighbour and found the first sheltered playground.


It had a nice tall roof and was relatively clean and new. OO had a wonderful time climbing up the different obstacles and diving down the slides. We spend a good half hour there before she was willing to leave. And that's only because I offered that we go look for another one.


It didn't take long for us to find the next sheltered playground. It was probably only about 200-300 metres from the first. OO was totally elated to play in the new playgrounds. She made me promise to bring her back here again before agreeing to leave for home.

Personally I was just as excited to find sheltered playgrounds. OO had been behaving well, sleeping in the afternoons the past month. But since it was December and the rainy season, we always end up disappointing her. So to find options for play and encourage good behaviour was a definite plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment