Tuesday, May 30, 2023

How Does He Even Hear??!!

Over the few short years I've occasionally tried to help 阳阳 dig his ear. It's always been unsuccessful and I can see the ear wax blocking his ear drum. I've always wondered how he is able to hear. Maybe it's just a thin layer covering so he picks up on its vibration? Anyhow, I've tried to dig it out and each time 阳阳 will scream "pain!". My guess was that the ear wax and lodged itself against the ear drum so any movement of the top is causing a vibration or tearing feeling that triggers the pain.

I've been talking about it for quite some time now and finally in the recent episodes of illnesses we obtain a referral letter from Dr Ang for an ear specialist at Novena. So Meimei and I took leave to bring him there to check out the wax. I wasn't in the doc's room as 萱萱 was skirmish about it and I had to bring her out to the waiting area.

When it was done, Meimei had took some pictures and it was amazing .... How does he even hear with these stuffed in his ear??! And this was not all of it. These was what the doc could pick out using his twisters. There were more that came out through the micro vacuum. Look at the size of the wax ... I'm guessing these are the top layers covering both ears. Gosh ....

Hopefully now that the wax are out he can 'hear' us better and follow instructions haha So glad we got this done before it becomes a bigger problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment