Tuesday, May 20, 2025

Replacing iMac With Macbook

It's been on the cards for a while but I was lazy and keep pushing it right. I could no longer update the OS on the iMac so the writing was on the wall for more than a year now. It's not like the iMac is broken, on the contrary it's still working fine. Except that it is starting to slow. Deliberate obsolescence by Apple maybe? I'll never know. But anyways since I'm back from US and have a few days off I decided to take the plunge and switch out the iMac for my M2 chip Macbook. I have 2 monitors lying around in the storage room so I took one out to do a clamshell mirroring setup.

It's working pretty good. Didn't have to spend an extra cent as I repurpose stuff on the desk. I was planning to buy a new Windows PC if it didn't work out but now I've saved $2-3K for another holiday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment