Traveling again to Cincinnati for a workout. This time it's for the project replan. It's been 3 years now since we started the 3rd iteration. Unfortunately the software is simply not ready for what we need it to do so everything just gets delayed.
I would prefer we gather in Bangalore but it seems they want to take turns so the US based folks don't always have to be away from family. There is a plus side though having it in US ... you can limit the number of participants to truly the ones that we need instead of having the entire army of people in the room. 80% of people in the room are typically there without contributing a single input. I think it's a cultural thing where being present is important. So I'm glad we limit it to the smallest number of representative for each stream and get it done.
Packing is easier this time since we are past the cold winter months. I picked a Saturday morning flight so I can reach there by Saturday night. The only down side is that we arrive on Saturday night and Hertz is not open when all the other brands are. The first leg is a direct from Singapore to San Francisco, then Denver before reaching Cincinnati. The one proper meal I had was lunch during the layover at San Francisco. It wasn't anything to shout about but at least it's tastier than whatever they were trying to serve on the flight.
I upgraded to the Volkswagen SUV for this trip. Because it was not Hertz I had to get insurance as an extra add-on ... I received an email from the the company's travel desk to do so.
I booked a nice room with sofa bed this time at the Marriott. I still think the next time we are here I might just switch to staying at the Hilton Homewood Suites. I lost my Platinum status so don't have access to the lounge breakfast whereas the Homewood has daily breakfast included for all guest. Much better deal really and I don't have to drive out everyday to get food.
No comments:
Post a Comment