Tuesday, March 3, 2026

The F*cking Stupid Guard

The rain was so bad I got all wet just getting to the school gate to try and pick the kids. Ana had already picked them from the gate but I was trying to give them a lift. So Meimei had to be the go-between since only she has the app to contact the kids on their watch.

Eventually we managed to confirm that I would pick them from the school drop off lobby. However when I reached, the kids were outside gate 4 and only allowed to go into the school again when I arrived.

When 萱萱 and 阳阳 got into the car, 阳阳 was visibly shaken and in a foul mood. 萱萱 seemed to be very angry too but trying to console 阳阳. From the bits and pieces of conversation I could make out in the journey home ... the rain was so horribly strong I couldn't hear much ... the school guard refused to allow Ana to go into the school and they were stopped at the gate. The security guard pushed 阳阳 and he nearly fell down the stairs.

So 阳阳 felt bullied and was very angry that he couldn't fight back. So without any way of direct recourse, both kids let out their anger and frustration by drawing up a demeaning picture of the guard together with a few choice words. I didn't chastise them for the strong language as I remember feeling the same utter sense of helplessness and fury when I bullied as a young kid.


Yeah the rain was so bad ... my shoes and socks were soaked.



No comments:

Post a Comment