Went to pick up Meimei for dinner. We settled on Thai Express after deliberating for my entire trip to her office (we were discussing over handphone). We went to the outlet at Serangoon Gardens. As usual, rubbing my Meimei's palm turned out to be a charm. We found a lot just as we entered the carpark.
We had my fav 'Yam Talay Woon Sen', which is seafood salad with glass noodles. The thing I love about this simple dish is that it packs a spicy tingle that just opens up your appetite. I had 'Woon Sen Tom Yum Kang' aka crayfish with red tom yum soup and glass noodles as my main which turned out to be an expensive loser. My meimei had soft shelled crab with rice. Oh yah there was the prawn toast which taste as good as before. Overall, it was a pretty good meal, though a little more expensive on the price to shiokness ratio. Blame it on the measly crayfish haha.
Next we went off to Bishan Junction 8 to catch The Dark Knight. Wow ... this has to be the best Batman movie I've ever seen, what with it's twists and turns. It's so much more than the usual good guy beats off the bad guy, grabs the babe and walks off into the sunset plot. My my ... this Batman has a plot and a good one too. It evokes more feelings than your normal run-of-the-mill superhero movie. I was heaping praises the moment we walked out the theatre. Meimei loved it too, though she was more thrilled at the lead actor Christian Bale than anything else ... Looks like I have a new competitor!
No comments:
Post a Comment