Our ID has been chasing us to look through the design we want for the kitchen cabinets. It may look simple from the 3D drawings but the key is making the cabinets useful in line with our lifestyle.
There are many regrets with our existing kitchen cabinets. Sections where it is too deep and we couldn't reach in to grab the bottles of sauces and condiments. A pantry which is on the upper shelf blocked by a breakfast counter. A corner door mechanism that doesn't really work and closes weirdly. Many many examples to fuel our experience and what not to have in the new place.
So it's with this mindset that I insist we make a trip to Blum. I wanted to see what all the hype is about and also see if we can steal some ideas for our kitchen. They have showflat kitchens so that really helps in visualising the different sections of space.
Sauce drawers beside the stove. Meimei list this down as a definite must have. And I have to agree, it's just so convenient. And below that we can put the cooking oil and other miscellaneous cooking accessories.
Multi-tier long drawers for the cutleries and plates. Yes, we are replacing a set of casement doors with this for sure.
Half depth drawers below the sink to keep the washing accessories. Hmm I'm undecided about this one. We would lose some of the space at the deeper end. And imagine the hassle of trying to remove the drawer to make repairs on a leaking sink. I might just opt for a casement door section for the sink.
Another must-have. Very useful to house pots and pans below the stove. The pull out drawer makes it easy to reach them unlike the normal casement where you have to squat down to reach your desired pan.
All in all it was a very fruitful trip. We learned a couple of new ideas for the kitchen. I think the only stumbling block to getting our dream kitchen would be the cost. I'm gonna have to work out how much all these extra Movento runners for drawers are going to set us back on the budget.




No comments:
Post a Comment