I cannot hold back the glee at seeing the teak flooring coming to shape. I will always remember the warmth and comfort of the parquet floor at Hillview. And I have a very slight regret never doing it in 303. But all's well now that we are laying wood in the bedrooms.
The laying of the teak strips seems easy enough. There was only one uncle doing the work and he was able to complete the master and one of the other bedrooms in a day.
When we arrived this evening all bedrooms were done including the skirting. A simple two day effort for the laying. Now to let it sit a week for the teak to 'acclimatise' before further sanding and varnishing can commence.
The feeling as we walked through the room is amazing. You can feel the glow emitting from the wood. The teak is also matching very well with the marble and homogenous tiles for the master bathroom.
Very satisfied with the shade of the teak and the installation. Naturally a couple of minor defects like uneven areas that need to be rectified but overall its turning out beautifully.




No comments:
Post a Comment