Saturday, August 6, 2016

Leveling The Kitchen

I arrived today to find the kitchen floor levelling in progress. Per HDB regulations, contractors have to use light weight blocks to fill up the floor before they can fill it up with cement. This helps to reduce the weight load on the structure.


When I returned again at night after sending Mama home, the cement screed was already complete. This is the beauty of coming regularly, you get to see what really goes on in a renovation, the before and after.


But I must say its a luxury that most people don't since they don't always work near to their home. I know we couldn't do the same with our first home.


The wall extension at the master bathroom is also completed. I'm finding the entrance a little narrow though. Or maybe its a visual thing since its all dark and muddy right now. Hopefully it will turn out looking like a five-star hotel bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment