Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Top Hung Windows

I've never seen a HDB residential home with top-hung windows so I didn't know what to expect. All I had in mind was that they might be good for keeping the water out while still allowing some ventilation into the flat during rainy days.


As it turns out, I'm loving them. So much so that I suggested that we have top-hung windows on every set of windows in each room. Well, that idea got shot down pretty quick.

Meimei feedback that even though the top-hung window is open, wind may not be able to blow into the room. So it may actually be a hinderance to cooler rooms. And its not like we can keep it wide open during the rain, we would still have to close it tighter.

Ok, so only top-hungs in the kitchen. Fair enough, this room needs the most ventilation, especially with all the cooking. Plus if rain water comes in, it won't damage the homogenous flooring. I can't imagine the horror of seeing rain water soaking the parquet or marble. Ouchie~!

No comments:

Post a Comment