This is so surreal, like living in another world. Never can I imagine that 萱萱 and 阳阳 would grow up in an environment like this.
We have been on 'lock down' the past month. Not being able to step out of the house is taking a toll on everyone. Although the children don't say it, I don't think it's healthy they are locked at home the whole time. Sadly that's the reality we live in. We can only hope this ends soon.
At this time, we seem to be winning against the virus and the government is going to slowly loosen the lock down next week. But we already lost on the economic front. Our government just announced a 4th package to boost the economy and help save jobs. How much impact it has is yet to be seen. The salary funding will last another month into July. But once that goes, I suspect my job may be on the chopping block.
It's probably a minor setback if we do not have kids. But with 萱萱 and 阳阳, job security is paramount. They deserve food on the table, having every opportunity to go to school to learn, have toys and gadgets to play with, have outings to places to expand their vision and horizon.
So I'm crossing my fingers that I'll survive the cuts that my company is working through right now. I should probably start working on my resume again. It's been quite some time since I last look for a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment