Sunday, April 2, 2023

Work Travels: Around Budapest City

Booked a Big Bus ticket to tour the city on the buses. For some unknown reason they were not stopping near the hotel today. So I had to walk to the nearest pickup point which was a couple of kilometres away. The weather was good so I took a casually stroll towards the riverbank while taking in the sights.



The whole district is very well maintained. It was early so the streets were sparse with a couple of folks walking around. Those may be tourist too but I can't really tell. I hopped on the bus at the bridge and plan to take it a full circle to check out the different locations and plan where I want to get down to see after lunch.




I took a couple of the nice architecture along the ride. Probably gonna stop at Hero's square later before I catchup with the rest of the team for dinner. A few are landing in the afternoon so we'll meet up for drinks too.

The way of the thousand steps. No it's not an attraction nor is it called that. It's just me complaining about the long climb back to the hotel.

I took more pictures when I got back to the hotel. I won't get the chance to walk around this week with work so I'm making most of the peaceful Sunday. Lunch is at a nearby restaurant Ramazuri Bistronomy which served what I find to be Hungarian fusion fare. The starter tuna salad and Chicken Paprika main was very good. Dessert was a little too sweet for my taste but I like the presentation.




After lunch I trekked down to the river again but this time to the south to catch the bus at another pickup point. Always easier to go downhill. I'm definitely grabbing a cab to get back this time.

So I made my way to Hero's Square and dropped off to catch a view pictures. It's definitely very touristy but hey the place looks very majestic that you can't miss it.

I took a quick stroll through the plaza and hopped on the bus again to meet the team at the Marriott. I stopped right before the hotel for some treats which I saw on the earlier ride this morning. Hungarian chimney cones. Not as exciting as I expected but hey gotta try the local foods at least once right.

Dinner was at an Italian place. The fish soup was great, the ravioli not so much. The rest had pizza and drinks. Pretty subtle affair considering they can really get into a drinking spree if they wanted to. Guess we are taking slow before the start of the week at the plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment