Tuesday, November 19, 2024

Family Holiday @Hong Kong Day 3 - Disneyland Cont'd

We are back at Hong Kong Disneyland again today. 阳阳 looks to be better today but we are not risking it.  We start off the day splitting into 2 groups. 萱萱 wanted to ride the rollercoaster at the Frozen area again so I took her there. We were there early and there was no queue. It's a wet day too so the crowd is relatively thin.

We joined Meimei and 阳阳 right after that at the Jungle area. Meimei and 阳阳 and already gone on the boat ride once but they were ok to go again so off we went.

After that 阳阳 seems to be doing ok so we decided to go to the Elsa ride. It started raining when we exited the ride and had to hide at a corner to wait it out. Meimei took the time to go shopping at the Frozen store with the kids while I guard the stroller. I left once to go to the toilet and when I returned they had bags of loot. One was a behemoth of a stuffed toy .... Salamander. It's as big as the stroller!

Once the rain stopped we made our way to Tomorrowland. First stop was the Obitron ride. It's a relatively mild ride so we let 阳阳 on too. The last time we were here both kids were fighting over the controls to move the shuttle up and down. So this time we had them in 2 separate cars.


Next we stop for some popcorn treat. I had bought the meal tickets so might as well use them all. 萱萱 somehow spotted the Hyperspace Mountain ride and keep bugging us to accompany her on it. She is truly the adrenaline junkie! We had to do a relay, taking turns to go with her. Ana was up first and I found out later that she went to puke in the toilet after the 2nd run. Meimei had a turn with her and didn't look well after that. I was the last to accompany her and I can say it was truly tummy churning.

We had lunch at the Starliner Diner. The kids love it as it's burgers and fries but I wasn't impressed. They tried to make Marvel theme burgers like the Red Iron Man or the Green Hulk burgers where the buns are coloured.

After lunch Meimei and the kids went souvenir hunting at the various shops at each theme section. I was tired and stay at the diner. It was also raining lightly so there were not many rides we could go to without having to grapple with the crowds. 阳阳 came back earlier as he was tired. He was still under the effects of the fever though the temperature has hovered around 37.5. 

At some point he complained that he was tired and wanted to get back to the hotel. Meimei wanted to continue to shop so we split into 2 groups. I was to pack dinner and go back to the hotel with 阳阳 and Ana first, while Meimei and 萱萱 continue to shop.

It was a good plan but the diners here do not have proper takeout boxes and we had to pack on our own. Between the struggles to pack dinner, the bad rainy weather, absent Meimei and a visibly tired and potentially sick 阳阳 I was extremely frustrated.

I kinda lost it on the way back and gave him a big scolding because he kept whining and changing his mind and wanted to stay with Meimei. He had a bad meltdown and was sobbing and crying all the way back to the hotel.

I'm not proud of what I did but its important to write about it so I can remember and not make the same bad mistake in letting my emotions get the better of me ... especially when it comes to our kids.

Anyways its our last day at Disneyland and it'll probably be a long while before we ever come here again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment