We are switching hotels to Royal Plaza Hotel in Mongkok East. First time here but there were great reviews of it online. One of the key pluses was the convenience and proximity to the mall and MTR. It also has Family room packages that boosts connecting rooms. And to top it off, it's about 40% cheaper than our last favourite hotel Cordis. Well Cordis is still top in my mind with the in-house restaurant and high floors. But having already shed out a ton for the Disneyland hotel stay, which is horrendously expensive, this was the better option for 2 nights.
Papa had travelled to the hotel too to meet us. He recommended lunch at a Chinese restaurant he's been to before so we gladly took the suggestion.
We ordered the usual fried rice, CCF and meats for the kids. But one speciality that you would not get in Singapore is the goose wings. This is the highlight of the meal.
As I write this after the holiday I deliberated if I should include the picture of the curry dish. It's a Hong Kong classic, you'll find market stalls selling these at every street corner. But what made me think twice is because this dish made Meimei fell sick with food poisoning the next day. More on that in the next post.
After lunch we got into the rooms. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Meimei and I had the King bed while the kids and Ana shared two double beds in the next connecting room.
We stayed in the room and watch some TV before we left for a family dinner. Papa had organised a get-together with relatives. I don't know half of them, they are his cousins so we probably never met before this. I don't even know how to address them other than uncle or aunty.
Anyways I'm glad we got to have dinner together. The food was great and the kids had a great time playing Pokemon with their distant cousins. The most important thing for me though is the group photo. Its rare to get everyone together so this is one of those moments in time which is to be treasured.
No comments:
Post a Comment