Monday, November 4, 2024

I Caught Our Daughter

萱萱 was home and bored. It was close to lunch but we always have a rule that there will never be iPad for Pokemon nor Video in the morning, period. 

I caught her playing Pokemon in the room. She wasn't exactly hiding it, just back against the cupboard and out of sight when you walk by. She was so engrossed in catching the toons that she didn't notice I entered and was staring at what she was doing.

I didn't scold her but calmly told her she shouldn't be playing Pokemon without permission and confiscated the Ipad. I did look at her sternly and probably showed much displeasure.

At night she came to pass me this note. I sense she was expecting that she will get the Ipad once she says sorry. But I made it a point to explain that saying sorry is definitely needed, but that doesn't negate the punishment. Hopefully she gets it and understands that it doesn't pay to try and do something that is wrong. I suspect there would be more instances of these happening and it's just part and parcel of growing up. I've my fair share of doing the wrong things in my youth too.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment