Monday, February 10, 2025

Pay Per Use Scam

I got a shock when I landed at Narita. While taxi-ing on the tarmac to the gates, my phone started to vibrate and a chain of SMS started prompting on my phone. In few seconds I was charged $140 for supposedly utilising pay-per-use roaming. What utter nonsense is this.

I immediately message Meimei about it once I got on airport wifi. She called Singtel and they would move my ReadyRoam pack to start a day earlier. To make sure this doesn't happen again I tried to go set a $0 limit so my line would never go on pay-per-use. Lo and behold ... it's not even possible. There is a $100 minimum on the settings. This is BS ... if you can set a limit, the only reason $0 is not possible is the settings is deliberately setup not to have it as an option. 

I call this a scam, plain and simple. Phhhffff Singtel always has these irritating way of trying to make extra bucks. How is this helpful to customer satisfaction. How many people would not dispute these charges? Maybe they know something I don't ....










No comments:

Post a Comment