On a 4 weeks trip to the United States. 2 weeks in McAllen and then 2 weeks in Cincinnati. Managed to snag a flight thru Narita > Houston > McAllen. The last trip to McAllen was a direct Singapore to San Francisco flight that took 15 hours. I prefer this route through Narita. You get here past noon and can enjoy lunch.
Then it's a 13 hour flight to Houston. We had a little delay and by the time I cleared the customs and go through the TSA checks I had only 5 minutes to get to the connecting flight. 5 minutes ... and the flight was at another terminal!
It was almost an impossible task. I basically ram my shoes on, ran as fast I could to the train. Managed to get on one that was just leaving. Reach the domestic terminal and ran all the way to the gates. They were at the final boarding and there was only 4 persons right at the gate when I finally reached. I was panting so hard everyone turned around to look at me. I gave a weak smile and explained that I had ran from the International terminal.
After getting on board, the captain announced that during final checks, the maintenance crew discovered that there was a missing part on the landing gear and we would have to wait for a replacement part which would take 20-30 minutes. Dammit .... I was so thirsty from the run and didn't have any water due to having to go through TSA. And now we have an extended wait before we could take off and the stewardess would come with water. First time through Houston and probably never again. Or if I do have to come through here again, I need to schedule for a later connecting flight.
I eventually landed at McAllen at 4pm on Saturday. What a tiring 33 hour journey. More of these flights since we have to come here more often for the project.
No comments:
Post a Comment