Saturday, February 22, 2025

Work Travels: Dining @McAllen Feb'25

2 weeks is way long to be having western food. Every morning I would have breakfast with Martin at IHOP. It's reasonable fare but there is only so much omelette and pancakes one can take before getting totally disgusted with it. I switch to buying takeaways from McDonald's drive thru a couple of times.


Dinner were at a mix of places. Jeremy and Martin likes to go to the Yardhouse for dinner and drinks. I preferred something simpler and would do takeouts at Mambo Seafood. It has been a reliable spot for comfort food. I would order a fried shrimp and fish set plus a vegetable soup for a total of USD15. That's concerned cheap in McAllen. If it was dinner with the gang, each plate are at least USD30.


I recommended the place to Arthur and the SG team. They've been there 3 times in a week. It's just comfort food for Asians.

The rest of the meals were really hits and misses. There were a couple of times where I simply went to the mall food court to pack Burger King or a Caesar Salad. The temperature can drop to 0-5 degrees on some days so warm hot food is always a pleasing treat. I found a Japanese Ramen place on Friday before I leave for Cincinnati so that's one for future trips.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment