Today was meant to be the last day of the week of foodie extravagance but is now seriously marred by total crap we had at Jack's Place. This would have gone into the previous post and stayed in our memories. Well it achieved the second but failed so miserably that it deserved a post all on its own.
Firstly the bill came up to $102 for 3pax. For that amount of money, I expect at least a satisfactory grade of food, and not the poor excuse they served to us. To be fair, we decided to go there because of the pleasant experience we had the last couple of times. As Meimei puts it, "It's not like Dan Ryan's wow kind of dinner, but pleasant." Today's meal can't even meet that bare minimum standard. Oh and by the way, it was so bad that the pics took a hit as well, so just bare with me on the ugly pics ... actually they are pretty reflective of the dinner we had. Gloomy, dark, ugly ... *vomit
We ordered a mushroom soup, Jack's Salad, Jack's seafood spaghetti, Surf and Turf and Steak and Fish Combo.
Mushroom Soup - Ok, you can't go wrong with mushroom, it's like the most basic of soups. It's appalling that the best thing they served all night was the complimentary garlic bread. Seriously that just plain painful.
Jack's Salad - There was just a leaf of lettuce. A-huh ... just that. It even came with a piece of plastic which we kindly pointed out to the waitress. It just felt like a mis-mesh of extras thrown haphazardly together with no thought whatsoever. Imagine that the saving grace to a salad was the Thousand Island sauce.
(At this moment, I was complaining to Meimei on how ugly the photos were and we agreed that we shouldn't put in on the blog. Hahaha I'm actually amazed at how bad it was, it brought a smile of disbelief to my face.)
Jack's seafood spaghetti - I was constantly pouring salt on the dish. It was practically tasteless! You get the whiff of the tomato but it taste totally blunt. It's like those sauces where you mixed in too much water. Yuck.
Surf and Turf - Meimei had this and it truly spoiled her day. First the spaghetti was tasteless and smelled literally of WD40 lubricant oil. Next her beef was rare when we specifically asked for medium. Even when we send it for a second cooking, it came back bloody. She gave up half of it ... Bad, real bad.
Steak and Fish Combo - Sis had this and again it was tasteless. She shook her head in disappointment and keep her cool. I know she didn't want to add on to the nasties we have of the place.
Conclusion - 2 nice things, the garlic bread and the thousand island dressing ...
I don't know when we will ever get over this. Meimei and I have the same idea not to come back to Jack's Place again for a long long time. There are so many eateries out there who would be able to serve decent food for a hundred bucks. Our money is going to go there and I can only say good riddance if they go broke. Because based on today's dinner, they deserve it.
Conclusion - 2 nice things, the garlic bread and the thousand island dressing ...
I don't know when we will ever get over this. Meimei and I have the same idea not to come back to Jack's Place again for a long long time. There are so many eateries out there who would be able to serve decent food for a hundred bucks. Our money is going to go there and I can only say good riddance if they go broke. Because based on today's dinner, they deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment